Monday, August 30, 2010
Monday, April 05, 2010
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
THE GOOD = Justin's Baby Blessing March 1st - 5 weeks old - A beautiful day with lots of family and friends and an adorable little boy!!!!!
THE BAD (and good) = A quick trip to southern Utah for "family bonding." Kind of insane to take a one month old - what were we thinking? However we had a FANTASTIC time on our adventures, and had slightly warmer temps than Salt Lake has had, though the nights in the rental with the baby were crazy - again, what were we thinking?
One of the amazing slot canyons - that's me way in the back (with Rachel & Jared) feeding the baby and getting out of the wind.
We saw birds roosting high in the cave nooks, it was pretty cool actually!
Rachel teaching Jared how to skip at one of the wildlife preserves. Life has such sweet moments sometimes that just make you smile.
THE UGLY = The brutality of severe sleep deprivation
The only position that feels good to Justin due to his acid reflux - poor little guy!
The greatest stress releaser of all....
Darren - the day he picked this puppy up in Las Vegas in January.
Nicole is anxiously waiting to acquire her motorcycle license hopefully in April - do you think they let you get one with a baby strapped to your back??? Hmmmm
Friday, January 30, 2009
Rachel and Jared meeting Justin for the first time the evening he was born. Darren being daddy and videographer at the same time: )
Day 2 - R&J came by after school to read books to Justin
Saturday, October 11, 2008
1. Darren's adventure hiking the Grand Canyon rim to rim - 24 miles and 5,000 foot elevation change 2x - temps changing from 31-97 degrees during the journey
2. The gorgeous view on leaves changing just up the road from us
3. Halloween with Grandma Matthews and cousins - Rosina as Snow White, Jared as Ninja Turtle, Rachel as a bride, Brady as transformer, Baby Britton and Grandma as themselves!
4. Jared's third visit to the emergency room for head lacerations in the mere three years he has lived on this earth. He is one tough cookie and resists more when he must leave the injurous activity than receiving the stitches/staples. Still smiling as we attempt to stop the bleeding and head to the ER. Since this shot, two massive smacks to the face have occurred - luckily just bruising, swelling, & tissue damage since kids noses are more cartilage than bone right now. It's tough to keep this go-getter kid alive! But we love his zest for life...
5. "Our" river in Cottonwood Canyon. We have a favorite camping spot full of adventure just 20 minutes from the house and in the middle of amazing Rocky Mountain beauty. Lots of critters and wild-life (even had racoons snatch our breakfast donuts this last trip - 2nd weekend in Sept).